The government has announced the national minimum wage rates which will take effect on 1 October 2013.
The new rates are as follows:
- The standard adult rate (for workers aged 21 and over) will rise to £6.31 an hour (up 12p from £6.19).
- The development rate (for workers aged between 18 and 20) will rise to £5.03 an hour (up 5p from £4.98).
- The young workers rate (for workers aged under 18 but above the compulsory school age who are not apprentices) will rise to £3.72 an hour (up 4p from £3.68).
- The rate for apprentices will rise to £2.68 an hour (up 4p from £2.65).
- The accommodation offset will rise to £4.91 a day (up 9p from £4.82).
For more information on this please contact us on 01483 303636.